Warsaw University of Technology
Dept./Division/Laboratory: Materials Science and Engineering
Scientist-in-Charge: Prof. W. Święszkowski
Website: WUT Biomaterials
The Warsaw University of Technology is not only the oldest and largest but also the best technical university in Poland; in the ranking of Polish universities, it has taken the first place in its category for nine years. At WUT, over 180 student research groups, organisations and associations are active, and the educational offer includes more than 30 fields of study (also with English as a medium of instruction). The Faculty of Materials Science and Engineering (FMSE) is the leading research and higher education institution in Poland. FMSE combines a strong interest in new materials and technologies with significant achievements in applied science.
Role in MgSafe
- Work Package leader of WP3
- Host of ESR 9: Diana Martinez
- Research topic: Quantitative structure and microstructure characterisation and modelling, degradation, corrosion and wear.
- Scientific part in MgSafe: Ex vivo characterisation of surface and corrosion layer (WP3)
- Wojciech Święszkowski (supervisor ESR)
- Tomasz Płociński (PI, co-supervisor)