University of Gothenburg
Scientist-in-Charge: Prof. Dr. P. Thomsen
Website: UGOT Department of Biomaterials
The University of Gothenburg meets societal challenges with diverse knowledge. 47 500 students and 6 000 employees make the University a large and inspiring place to work and study, with a continuous flow of new knowledge and ideas.
The biomaterials research area has a strong tradition and UGOT has recently been highlighted as the No 1 University globally in the field of osseointegration. The biomaterials research spans from materials across pre-clinical to clinical fields, particularly related to dental, orthopaedic and cardiovascular application areas. The Departments of Biomaterials and Experimental Biomedicine are major assets for experimental (animal) research, owning one of the most modern facilities in Northern Europe. The Department of Biomaterials is a partner in the Swedish Government Strategic funding Area of Advance in Materials Science, hosted by Chalmers University of Technology.
Role in MgSafe
- Host of ESR 4: Heithem Ben Amara
- Research topic: Evaluation of biological reactions around biomaterials
- Scientific part in MgSafe: Molecular and structural analyses, histology (WP1)
- Peter Thomsen (supervisor ESR)
- Anders Palmquist, Omar Omar (PIs, co-supervisors ESR)